Happy Two Months, Toby!
In your second month of life, you've:
- had your first play date with Emma and her mom, Bray. Also first after-hours ped trip for thrush/yeast diaper rash. (Jan. 14th)
- grabbed at my hands while I was suctioning your nose. (Jan 15th)
- stayed with Great Grandma Mary Ann while Daddy and I took Ranger to vet. (Jan 16th)
- had a play date with Sophie and her mum, Sarah-Nicole. Also had growth spurt - nursed frequently all day, sleeping in between. (Jan 17th)
- spent all day with Daddy while Mommy went back to work. (Jan 18th)
- laughed for the first time for Mommy- during a morning nursing session! (Jan 20th)
- spent all day with Great Grandma Mary Ann and Great Aunt Karen while Mommy is at work. (Jan 22nd)
- got a new cousin, Julian, born to my brother Ben and his wife Lane! (Jan. 23rd)
- spent the day with Papa while Mommy was at work. (Jan 24th)
- successfully nursed in public for the first time - at the Sugarloaf Mall food court! (Jan 25th)
- visited Florida for the second time. (Jan 29th)
- attended Granny's funeral. (Jan 30th)
- had your two month well visit, where you got four vaccines: Pentacel (DTaP, Polio, Hib), Hepatitis B, Prevnar (pneumococcal), and Rotateq. (Feb. 2nd)
- had a reaction to vaccines and you were sleepy, so we chilled out at home. (Feb. 2nd and 3rd)
You're smiling and laughing a LOT more! We're starting to get on a schedule during the day. Usually you wake up around 8 a.m. and we nurse and cuddle in bed for a little while. Then we get up, do housework, and nurse again (every two hours!). Then we take a walk outside if the weather is good, or run errands outside of the house. Naptime is around 11 a.m. for an hour (or two if I'm lucky!). You hate to be put down while napping, so usually we spend naptime on the couch watching tv or you're in the sling while I do stuff. In the afternoons, we usually play and you take another nap. Sometimes we'll go for a walk with Heather and Erica, if they come to the farm. Then it's time for Daddy to come home and you watch tv with him while I get dinner ready. We put you down for the night around 7 - 7:30 p.m. (sometimes after you take a bath with Mommy).
He now weighs 8 lbs, 14 oz - he's gained 1 lb, 2.5 oz in the past month - and is now in the 4th percentile for weight! He's 21.1 inches (2%) and his head circumference is 14.4 inches (also 2%).
oby at two months: